Consultation on proposed fees for natural health products
From: Health Canada
Current status: Closed
This consultation ran from May 12, 2023, to August 10, 2023. The purpose of this consultation was to obtain feedback on our fee proposal for natural health products (NHPs).
We appreciate you taking the time to be part of this consultation.
Who was the focus of this consultation
We sought feedback from:
- interested members of the public
- natural health products stakeholders
Areas for feedback
Through this consultation, Health Canada sought stakeholder perspectives on:
- proposed fee structure and fee amounts
- proposed service standards and penalties for missed standards
- proposed mitigation measures, including small businesses
- proposed timeline for implementation (April 1, 2025)
- other concerns related to the fee proposal
The fee proposal was subject to a 90-day consultation period. The feedback received will be used to refine the proposal as we seek to implement fees that reflect the NHP program in a fair and transparent way. The fee proposal will then be finalized, and a fee order will be published in Canada Gazette, Part II.
Natural and Non-Prescription Health Products Directorate
Health Products and Food Branch
2 Constellation Dr, PL 2607A
Nepean, ON K1A 0K9
- Date modified: