Consultation on a proposed Pathogens of Interest List
From Health Canada
Current status: Closed
This consultation ran from April 17, 2018 to July 1, 2018.
Antimicrobial resistant (AMR) infections are becoming more frequent and increasingly difficult to treat. As a result, AMR is now recognized as a growing public health threat in Canada and around the world. In order to combat this threat Health Canada proposes to use a Pathogens of Interest List, which would serve two purposes:
- Inform sponsors of the bacterial pathogens in most urgent need of innovative therapeutic drugs and/or devices in Canada; and
- Guide the development of new tools and policy approaches by Health Canada.
You are invited to review the proposed Pathogens of Interest List and provide written comments.
Join in: How to participate
- Read our Notice - Update on Health Canada's efforts to support innovative human therapeutic products to combat antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and consultation on a proposed Pathogens of Interest List
- Provide your comments on the following questions:
- Will the proposed Health Canada Pathogens of Interest List assist the development by sponsors of innovative priority therapies to combat AMR?
- Should any pathogens be added to or removed from the Proposed List to better reflect the Canadian context?
- How could this List be used to further stimulate the submission to Health Canada of new health products and facilitate their regulatory approvals?
- What new regulatory approaches or policy tools could be adopted that would facilitate a greater access to safe, effective and high quality therapies to help address the AMR issue?
Send us an email
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your input or comments.
Participate by mail
Send a letter with your input or comments to the address in the contact information section.
Goals of the consultation
There are two goals to this consultation.
- To review and confirm the proposed Pathogens of Interest list, and
- Receive feedback on potential improvements to the regulatory review process for
- therapeutic drugs, and(or)
- medical devices that target important pathogens for public health
Who is the focus of this consultation
We're seeking input from all interested parties, including:
- industry members and associated groups
- health professionals and associated groups
- academia and associated groups
Bureau of Gastroenterology Infection and Viral Diseases
Therapeutic Products Directorate
Health Products and Food Branch
Address Locator: 0202B
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: