Consultation: Proposed Residential Indoor Air Quality Guidelines for Benzene
From: Health Canada
Current status: Open
Opened on September 30, 2023 and will close to new input on November 29, 2023.
Health Canada wants your feedback on the proposed Residential Indoor Air Quality Guidelines (RIAQG) for Benzene.
Join in: how to participate
- Read the consultation document: Proposed Residential Indoor Air Quality Guidelines for Benzene
- Submit your comments to the Water and Air Quality Bureau, Health Canada. Please include the title of the consultation document. You can provide your comments in either of 2 ways:
Send us an email
Send an email with your comments to
Participate by mail
Send a letter with your comments to the address in
We must receive all comments by November 29, 2023.
Who is the focus of this consultation
We want to hear from scientific or technical audiences, including:
- regulatory agencies
- industry stakeholders
- academic communities
- health protection agencies
We also welcome comments from members of the public.
Key items for discussion
We're seeking your feedback on the proposed guidelines for benzene.
The RIAQG reviews the epidemiological, toxicological and exposure research on benzene as well as the conclusions from a number of comprehensive reviews from internationally recognized health and environmental organizations. The intent is to:
- recommend various ways to reduce exposure to benzene in indoor environments
- propose a long-term exposure limits for benzene in residential indoor air, which would minimize risks to human health
Water and Air Quality Bureau, Health Canada
3rd Floor, 269 Laurier Avenue Wes
Address Locator 4903B
Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9
- Date modified: