Proposed Updates to the Cosmetic Ingredient Hotlist
From Health Canada
Current status: Open
Opened on May 3, 2019 and will close to new input on July 1, 2019.
You are invited to comment on a proposal to update the Cosmetic Ingredient Hotlist.
The proposal includes:
- changes to the conditions for existing entries on the Hotlist
- changes to include new substance identifiers or to make minor corrections to the Hotlist
The Cosmetic Ingredient Hotlist is one of the ways Health Canada informs Canadians about substances that when used in a cosmetic may result in the product:
- contravening the Food and Drugs Act or the Cosmetic Regulations
- being regulated as something other than a cosmetic
Proposed updates to the Hotlist are put forward as needed. These updates are based on evidence obtained by a review of:
- recognized scientific journals
- opinions and decisions made by national and international experts.
The last update to the Hotlist was made in September 2018.
We are seeking input from Canadians and interested stakeholders.
The purpose of this consultation is to ask for your comments on the proposed updates to the Hotlist.
When and where
This online engagement will be available to the general public for 60 days, between May 3, 2019 and July 1, 2019.
We will respond to comments received during the consultation period before we publish the revised Hotlist. The final updated Hotlist will be posted on Canada.ca, and a notice will also be sent to the Cosmetics Mailing List and all notifiers who have previously submitted a cosmetic notification form.
How to participate
There are two ways you can provide input:
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a letter to the address listed below, in the Contact Us section.
Consumer Product Safety Directorate
269 Laurier Avenue West
Address Locator: 4908A
Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: