Consultation on the restriction of marketing and advertising of opioids
Current status: Closed
This consultation ran from June 19, 2018 to July 18, 2018.
To respond to the opioid crisis, Health Canada is exploring the possibility of restricting the marketing and advertising of opioids. Health Canada is requesting information and comments from stakeholders and the public to inform next steps.
Join in: how to participate
- Read our Notice: Notice of Intent to Restrict the Marketing and Advertising of Opioids
- Provide your comments by email to email@example.com
For more information about how your information may be collected, used, and disclosed please see the Information and Privacy Notice for Specific Health Products and Food Branch Initiatives.
Who is the focus of this consultation
We are seeking the views of:
- Opioid manufacturers and distributors
- Health professionals
- Health and patient organizations
- Professional regulatory bodies
- Provinces and territories
- Concerned members of the public
Key questions for discussion
Health Canada is requesting information and comments on various forms of opioid marketing and advertising as well as the potential benefits, risks and impacts of opioid marketing and advertising and/or its restrictions.
Policy, Planning and International Affairs Directorate,
Health Products and Food Branch,
Department of Health
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: