Canada’s opioid crisis
Learn about opioids and the health risks.
People who are stigmatised often feel ashamed, alone and judged.
Find information about
- Government of Canada supports efforts to better understand how substance use affects Indigenous communities
- Government of Canada invests in new measures to address the opioid crisis and emerging drug threats
- Government of Canada supports opioid overdose response training in B.C. and Yukon
- Statement from the Co-Chairs of the Special Advisory Committee on the Epidemic of Opioid Overdoses on Updated Data Related to the Opioid Crisis
- Government of Canada approves new treatment options for opioid use disorder and supports research, treatment and harm reduction projects in Ontario
- Government of Canada changes regulations to help prevent illegal production and trafficking of controlled substances
- Government of Canada takes further steps to address the opioid crisis in British Columbia
- Health Minister highlights research and innovation projects that help address the opioid crisis
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: