Responding to Canada’s opioid crisis
Canada is facing a national opioid crisis. The growing number of overdoses and deaths caused by opioids, including fentanyl, is a public health crisis. This is a complex health and social issue that needs a response that is comprehensive, collaborative, compassionate and evidence-based.
- Health Canada
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Safety Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Department of Justice
- Global Affairs Canada
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Canadian Institute for Health Information
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Indigenous Services Canada
- Stop Overdose BC
- Nova Scotia Department of Health
Stay until help arrives. The Good Samaritan Law can protect you.
Federal Actions on Opioids – Overview
Learn about the actions being taken in response to the opioid crisis.
Changes to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
Measures to reduce the illegal production of fentanyls and amphetamines
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: