Responding to Canada’s opioid crisis
Canada is facing a national opioid crisis. The growing number of overdoses and deaths caused by opioids, including fentanyl, is a public health emergency. This is a complex health and social issue that needs a response that is comprehensive, collaborative, compassionate and evidence-based.
A comprehensive, collaborative, compassionate and evidence-based approach to drug policy.
- Health Canada
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Safety Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Department of Justice
- Global Affairs Canada
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Canadian Institute for Health Information
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Indigenous Services Canada
- Stop Overdose BC
- Nova Scotia Department of Health
Stay until help arrives. The Good Samaritan Law can protect you.
Federal Actions on Opioids – Overview
Learn about the actions being taken in response to the opioid crisis.
Illegal marketing of drugs and devices
Find out about illegal marketing techniques and how to file a marketing complaint.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: