MRLs, human health, and food safety: Improving how we communicate about MRLs
On this page
Areas of improvement
Part of Health Canada’s Pest Management Regulatory Agency’s transformation process is to improve our communication and the transparency of our decision-making. We’ve worked on 4 areas to improve how we communicate about maximum residue limits (MRLs), and have:
- Updated and expanded web pages to explain:
- what MRLs are
- the science behind how MRLs are set and the role Health Canada plays
- the shared responsibility for food safety
- MRLs outside of Canada and their impact on food importation
- Centralized this content, including linking to where you can directly access all MRL activities. This includes:
- Created a supporting infographic.
- Initiated work to ensure proposed MRL consultation documents use plain language to improve understanding and transparency of our decision-making.
Learn more about our transformation
The agency is undergoing a transformation process that will strengthen its oversight and its protection of human health and the environment. This process will also make our work more transparent to the public.
- Date modified: