Updated Notice - The Regulatory Enrolment Process (REP) Functional Pilot for eCTD Format - Stage III
December 29, 2017
Our file number: 17-108825-143
In order to gain further experience with the regulatory enrolment process (REP) and to provide an opportunity for additional sponsors to begin using REP, Health Canada is announcing Stage III of the REP Functional Pilot for regulatory activities in electronic common technical document (eCTD) format.
The intent of this stage of the functional pilot for eCTD format is to increase the number of enrolments and transactions received from existing sponsors and to provide an opportunity for additional companies to get familiarised with REP.
The objective of the REP Functional Pilot is to assist Health Canada and sponsors to assess the feasibility of enrolling companies, dossiers, regulatory activities and regulatory transactions using REP. Lessons learned and experiences gained are continually being used to validate and improve the enrolment templates, enrolment process and the use of the REP files within a transaction in eCTD format.
Once fully implemented, the REP will reengineer existing administrative processes to take advantage of the tools and capabilities of an electronic processing and review environment. It will introduce a consistent approach to collecting high quality metadata across multiple regulatory activity types.
REP Functional Pilot for eCTD Format
Sponsors are encouraged to request for participation promptly. All requests will be assessed, and participants will be selected based on the criteria below. Further instructions on how to use the REP will be provided to all participants at a future date.
Stage III of the REP Functional Pilot for eCTD format will commence in March 31st, 2017 and continue until May 31st, 2018.
(February 2017 - May 2017)
(May 2017 - August 2017)
(September 2017 - May 2018)
Regulatory Activities and Transactions out of scope for eCTD format are also not eligible for this stage of the REP Functional Pilot.
1. How to request for participation in the REP Functional Pilot
- Existing participants as well as new Sponsors must express their interest by providing:
- A written request to participate in the Stage III of the pilot, via email to eReview@hc-sc.gc.ca, with the subject heading "REP Functional Pilot for eCTD format - Stage III".
- The request should include the following information:
- Sponsor name;
- Contact information;
- Number of new and/or existing dossier(s) planned for Stage III;
- Number of Regulatory Activities planned for Stage III.
- Enrolment of more than five (5) new dossier during Stage III of the pilot will be considered on a case by case basis.
2. Sponsors must commit to the following requirements, if selected, to participate in Stage III of the REP Functional Pilot for eCTD:
- All REP XML files must be sent to, and received from, Health Canada via the Common Electronic Submissions Gateway (CESG), as no other method of transmission will be accepted.
- Once a participant uses the REP for a dossier (drug product), they must continue to use the REP for subsequent regulatory activities and transactions, for that dossier.
- Each participant will be limited to a maximum number of five (5) dossiers (drug products) during stage III of the pilot.
Health Canada is currently developing an implementation strategy to transition REP into production. Further details including a timeline will be communicated at a later date.
Questions related to this Notice should be directed via email to eReview@hc-sc.gc.ca.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: