How to Pay Fees for Health Products
Contact: Cost Recovery
Note: Click here for instructions on how to pay your Establishment Licence Fees
Fee payable to Health Canada (HC) must be paid in Canadian funds only. Payment may be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express), cheque, money order, wire transfer, or directly at a financial institution.
- A. Payment Method Details
- How to obtain a HC Customer Number and a CRN
- Payment without an invoice for Drug Master File and Certificate of Supplementary Protection only
- Appendix A: Contact Information on Fees for Specific Fee Lines
A. Payment Method Details
Payments of invoices via cheque, credit card, wire or using existing credit should be submitted along with a Details for Payment of Invoice form to Accounts Receivable at:
Address Locator: 1918B
18th Floor, Room 1804B, Jeanne-Mance Building
161 Goldenrod Driveway, Tunney’s Pasture
For further information on payment of invoices, contact Accounts Receivable at 1-800-815-0506, phone (613) 957-1052, fax (613) 957-3495 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cheques, Money Orders or International Bank Drafts
- Should be made payable to the "Receiver General for Canada".
- Cheques drawn on non-Canadian banks MUST be issued in coordination with a referenced Canadian bank (that is, referenced on cheque), otherwise they are NOT ACCEPTED.
2. Credit Card Payments
Visa, MasterCard or American Express are accepted if the following information is provided:
- Cardholder's full card number;
- Cardholder's name, address and telephone number;
- Expiry date.
3. Wire Payments
Wire payments of fees paid in advance of the service will be accepted only when wired in CANADIAN FUNDS to:
- Bank Name:
- Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec
1 Complexe Desjardins, South Tower, 15th floor
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec
- Bank Number:
- Transit Number:
- Beneficiary Name:
- Beneficiary Account Number:
- Charges Field:
- Description Field:
- *(see below)
*Also include your company name and product name, as well as your invoice number and customer number, if applicable.
Please ensure all service charges, including fees charged by your bank or any intermediary banks, are covered by your payment. HC is not responsible for any fees charged during the transfer process. Failure to pay the full amount outstanding will result in a balance owing on your account. Any payments sent in non-Canadian funds will be rejected. If problems occur with the transaction, please contact the Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec at1-866-866-7000.
Overpayment of fees will be either refunded or credited to your account. A written request from an authorized person is required for the refund of a credit balance. In addition, you may request that we apply your credit balance to payment/partial payment of advance fees. In this case, please attach to the submission/application fee form a copy of the most recent statement indicating the account or client number/amount of available credit.
5. Payment through a Canadian Financial Institution
Requires the sponsor to have a HC customer account number and a Client Reference Number (CRN) in order to create the PAYEE account at the financial institution. The CRN is located on all invoices. Steps to pay online through your financial institution are as follows:
- Log in to your online bank account
- Click Pay Bills and select Add a bill Payee
- Type "Health Canada" in the Name of the Organization (Payee) field
- Select Health Canada - Health Products
- Click OK
- Type your Client Reference Number (your Client ID Number) into the Account Number field
- Click OK or Submit
Note 1: The steps may be slightly different for each institution. For assistance on setting up a PAYEE, please contact your financial institution directly.
Note 2: It may take 3-4 days before the funds are in your HC account.
How to obtain a HC Customer Number and a CRN
If you do not have an account with HC for human drug submissions then you should send an e-mail to the Client Information Unit of the Office of Submissions and Intellectual Property at email@example.com.
If you do not have an account with HC for veterinary drug submissions then you should send an e-mail to the Veterinary Drugs Directorate at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the case of medical device licence applications, an HC Customer Number will be generated upon receipt of an application by the Medical Devices Bureau.
In all cases, the following information should be provided:
- Full legal name of the manufacturer/sponsor,
- Address, and
- Contact person information (Given Name, Surname, Position, Department, Telephone Number, Fax Number and E-mail Address).
If the name and/or address of company to whom the invoice is to be sent (billing contact) is different from the manufacturer/sponsor named above, please also provide the following:
- Full legal name of the manufacturer/sponsor responsible for the billing,
- Address for the billing, and
- Contact person information for the billing (Given Name, Surname, Position, Department, Telephone Number, Fax Number and E-mail Address).
The Client Information Unit will email your HC account number for drug submissions and the corresponding CRN to you when they have been generated.
Payment without an invoice for Drug Master File and Certificate of Supplementary Protection only
Note: For information on payment without an invoice for drug submissions or Master File submissions please complete and submit the form: Advance Payment Details for Master Files for Human and Disinfectant Drugs, and Certificate of Supplementary Protection Applications.
Please note that submissions/applications which require payment at the time of filing will not be processed and will be placed on hold until payment is received. It is strongly recommended that sponsors pay in advance at their financial institution to prevent any delays.
The following information must be included in the submission/application cover letter when making a payment without an invoice:
- Customer account number
- Client Reference Number (9 digit number used to validate payment transaction)
- Amount of funds paid (Canadian $)
If using existing credit in HC Account:
- HC Account Number containing the credit (e.g.: DRSE0000, MDE0000)
- Existing credit amount in the account
If paying by cheque, credit card, money order or wire:
- If applicable, a copy of the acknowledgment of receipt letter received from the CESG which includes your core ID #
- The corresponding payment instructions form (Part A)
- The payment (cheque, money order, credit card information or the wire transaction receipt for funds that have been wired)
Contact Information on Fees for Specific Fee Lines
Fees for the Examination of a Drug Submission/DIN Application,
Fees for the Registration of a Drug Master File, and For Fees for a Certificate of Supplementary Protection Application
Fees for the Right to Sell Drugs
Office of Submissions and Intellectual Property
Fees for the Examination of a Medical Device Licence Application
Fees for the Right to Sell Medical Devices
Medical Devices Bureau (MDB)
Veterinary Drug Fees
Submission and Knowledge Management Division
Veterinary Drugs Directorate
For Fees for Examination of a Drug Establishment Licence Application,
Fees for the Examination of a Medical Device Establishment Licence Application
Cost Recovery Invoicing Unit (CRIU)
For Fees for the Issuance of a Certificate for a Pharmaceutical Product
Drug Establishment Licensing Unit, Health Product Compliance Directorate
- Date modified: