Read Me File - Notice of Compliance (NOC) Database
Notice to Users of the NOC Data Extracts
Effective July 11, 2014, two new data fields will be added to the QRY_NOC_MAIN.txt file:
This information applies to administrative submissions that were filed on or after May 13, 2013. This update will allow the NOC Data Extracts to more accurately reflect the information currently listed for NOCs with respect to the nature of administrative submissions. This information adds to the department's commitment of openness and transparency.
Notice of Compliance (NOC) Database
The Notice of Compliance (NOC) Database contains the Health Canada authorization dates of all drugs dating back to January 1, 1994 that have received an NOC. There are four types of NOCs: Biological, Prescription, Nonprescription and Veterinary. All NOCs issued between 1991 and 1993 are provided under the NOC Listings which are available on the Website.
The extract contains NOC related information. Although the NOC is a relational database, there is a requirement to provide the data to users in a common format, therefore the data has been extracted into a flat file format. All files are comma delimited enclosed "quotes". An entity relationship diagram can be found following this page. This extract will be updated weekly.
Please note any Portable Document Format (PDF) files visible on the NOC database are not part of the data extracts.
Each NOC specifies the submission type, submission class, product type, manufacturer, therapeutic class etc.It lists all the products and includes the active ingredients, forms and routes of each product.
- The NOC_DATE field indicates the date the NOC was issued. The NOC_DATE can be used to retrieve all NOCs issued within a specific time period.
- The NOC_LAST_UPDATE field indicates the date that the NOC was last updated. This field can be used to retrieve all NOCs updated after a certain date.
- The NOC_ACTIVE_STATUS will have a value of '0' if it is suspended or '1' if it not suspended.
- The NOC_STATUS_WITH_CONDITIONS will have a value of 'Y' if the NOC was issued with Conditions.
- The NOC_IS_SUPPLEMENT field will have a value of 'Y' if the NOC was considered a supplement to the original submission.
The files included in the zipped file are as follows:
- noc_main.txt: Qry_NOC_MAIN
- noc_brand.txt: Qry_NOC_BRAND
- noc_din_product.txt: Qry_NOC_DIN_PRODUCT
- noc_ingredient.txt: Qry_NOC_PRODUCT_INGREDIENT
- noc_form.txt: Qry_NOC_PRODUCT_FORM
- noc_route.txt: Qry_NOC_PRODUCT_ROUTE
- vet_species.txt: Qry_NOC_VET_SPECIES
- nocfiles.zip: ALLFILES ABOVE CONTACT
If you have any questions relating to the NOCs contact: email@example.com
Data structure for Notice of Compliance (NOC) Data Extract
NOC Relationship Diagram
Description - NOC Relationship Diagram
This extract relationship diagram shows how the following files; QRY_PRODUCT_INGREDIENT, QRY_PRODUCT_ROUTE, QRY_PRODUCT_FORM, QRY_DIN_PRODUCT, QRY_BRAND, QRY_VET_SPECIES; are all linked through the Product_ID of the QRY_MAIN file.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: