Just for You - Educators
The Government of Canada publishes many teaching resources and kits that can be used by educators to promote good health practices.
For a list of resources about your health and the surrounding environment, food safety and consumer product safety, consult the Consumer Information page.
Alcohol, Smoking and Drugs
- Learn About Drugs
Children and Youth
- Your Child's Prescription: Important Questions to Ask
- Canadian Guidelines for Sexual Health Education
- Measuring Up: A Health Surveillance Update on Canadian Children and Youth
- National Children's Agenda
- Safe Use of Arts and Crafts Materials (It's Your Health)
- School Health
- Stay Safe -- An education program about hazard symbols
- Trends in the Health of Canadian Youth Report on the health behaviours and attitudes of young people.
Health Care System
- (2011) Canada's Health Care System
- Canada's Physical Activity Guide for Children and Youth
- Mauve (CD-ROM made by and for youth)
- Mental Health - Coping with Stress It's Your Health
- Arts and Crafts Materials (It's Your Health)
- School Health
Sexual Health Promotion
Health Canada shares a joint initiative with Environment Canada called the UV Index Sun Awareness Program. This program is aimed at elementary and high school teachers to teach their students how to use the UV index as a tool to better protect themselves from the harmful UV rays from the sun. Consult our UV Index Sun Awareness Program section to learn more about the program, consult our resources and register your school.
Violence and Abuse
- Toward a Healthy Future: Second Report on the Health of Canadians
Our goal is to make this page as useful as possible and your comments can help.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: