ARCHIVED - Task Force on Trans Fat
In November 2004, a motion on the replacement of processed trans fat was introduced in the House of Commons. Health Canada and the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada committed to work, through a multi-stakeholder Task Force, to develop recommendations and strategies for reducing trans fats in Canadian foods to the lowest level possible.
Here you will find information about the role and progress of the Task Force.
- TRANSforming the Food Supply - final report of the Trans Fat Task Force submitted to the Minister of Health in June 2006
Interim Report (August 2005)
- August 31, 2005 - The Government of Canada Responds to Trans-Fat Task Force Interim Report
- April 1, 2005 - Health Canada moves forward on commitments to reduce trans fat in Canadian foods
- November 18, 2004 - Health Canada announces multi-stakeholder task force to find ways to reduce trans fat in Canadian food. Support and participation from Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, Industry and Academia
- November 18, 2004 - Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada calls for elimination of trans fat
- Contact the Trans Fat Secretariat at: email@example.com
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: