Water quality and health
Health effects of water contaminants, causes of poor drinking water quality, water testing methods and fixes.
Services and information
The factors that influence water quality and facts about water and public health.
Drinking water quality, contaminants and safety. How Canada enacts drinking water advisories.
How recreational water becomes contaminated and how we are fixing it.
Wastewater management and health effects for the public and First Nations communities.
Symptoms, risks and how to prevent, treat and manage water-related diseases.
Causes and effects of water pollution and information on the types of water pollution in Canada.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Canada Water Act
- International River Improvements Act
- Department of the Environment Act
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act (1999)
- Recreational water quality
- Safe drinking water in areas of federal jurisdiction
- Guidelines for Canadian Drinking Water Quality: Guideline Technical Document – pH
- Guidance on Waterborne Bacterial Pathogens
- Manganese in drinking water
- Perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) in drinking water
- Enteric protozoa in drinking water
- Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) in drinking water
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: