Radiation and your health
Information on radiation, its uses, health effects and safety standards.
Services and information
Information on different types and sources of radiation and their health effects, including ultraviolet and ionizing.
Get facts on the different kinds of radiation in the environment and their sources.
Learn the ways Canadians can be exposed to radiation in the workplace. Also find out how exposure is monitored.
Know the different sources of ultraviolet radiation and the related risks and benefits to your health.
Explore how noise is a form of radiation. Learn about sources, health effects and ways to protect yourself from exposure.
Information on radon, its potential health risks and how to test for it in your home.
Learn about the safe use of common products and devices that give off radiation. Also find out how radiation is used to diagnose and treat illness.
Access services to monitor your workplace radiation exposure.
Learn about programs to measure radiation in Canada. Find out how they protect Canadians.
Know the substances that give off radiation, their exposure limits, detection methods and risk prevention measures.
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
- Department of Justice Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Global Affairs Canada
- Health Canada
- National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces
- Public Safety Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Transport Canada
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Canadian Computed Tomography Survey - National Diagnostic Reference Levels
- Safety Code 23: Guidelines for the Safe Use of Ultrasound
- Safety Code 35: Safety Procedures for the Installation, Use and Control of X-ray Equipment in Large Medical Radiological Facilities
- Guide for Radon Measurements in Residential Dwellings (Homes)
Radiation quiz: Is it ionizing or not?
Understand ionizing and non-ionizing radiation. Also test your knowledge of radiation emitted by common devices.
Hazard check virtual tour
Explore your home to identify health and safety hazards and find out how to correct them.
Wi-Fi in schools
Get information on Wi-Fi use in schools, Wi-Fi research and Canada's safety guidelines.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: