Temporary measures for biometrics collection outside Canada
If you apply for permanent residence on or after June 14, 2023
You need to give your biometrics, even if you gave them in the last 10 years. As of June 14, 2023, we’re resuming biometrics collection for all permanent residence applicants.
If you can’t give your biometrics on time
Your next steps depend on whether your local VAC or ASC is open.
If your VAC or ASC is open
If your VAC or ASC is open but you can’t give biometrics, use the web form to tell us why you need more time.
Make sure you provide details about your situation. For example, if you weren’t able to get an appointment by the deadline in your biometrics instruction letter
- tell us the date of your appointment
- upload a screenshot of the appointment confirmation
If your local VAC or ASC is closed
If you can’t give your biometrics by the deadline in your biometrics instruction letter
- you don’t need to contact us because we know the location is closed
- we won’t refuse your application if you can’t give biometrics because the VAC or ASC is closed
- visit your local VAC website for more information
- If you hadn’t booked your appointment yet, book your biometrics collection appointment as soon as the VAC reopens.
- If your biometrics collection appointment was cancelled, the VAC will contact you to book another appointment when it reopens.
- Date modified: