This service declaration outlines our service commitments.
Through this declaration, you will find information on:
Our commitment to you
We are committed to providing you with quality services and programs and will:
- explain clearly what you need to know and what you have to do;
- make decisions that are fair and reasonable and explained to you in respect to the applicable laws;
- treat you with courtesy and respect;
- protect your personal information;
- publish processing times; and
- respect service standards.
Our services take advantage of advanced technologies and are delivered to clients in cooperation with partners.
In keeping with our commitment to transparency and accountability, and as part of our ongoing service improvement efforts we have introduced service standards. The Department’s service standards are commitments to a specific level of service that clients can expect to receive under normal circumstances. Our service standards are based on past experience, an assessment of our business and what we aim to achieve.
Processing times indicate how long it takes to process applications. Please note that past processing times may not always reflect present or future processing times. Some factors may delay the processing of an application.
Helping us serve you better
To help IRCC serve you better, please:
- provide, in a timely manner, all requested information and the details of changes in your situation when applying for our services and programs, such as a change of address, a change in your marital status or a change in organizational information;
- inform us if you require special assistance (for instance, if you have a physical disability, a visual impairment or reduced mobility); and
- treat our staff with courtesy and respect.
External advice and assistance for citizenship and immigration
You are not required to hire a representative to help you complete a citizenship or immigration application. The use of a representative is a personal choice. We do not recommend or endorse any individual representative.
Find out more about who can represent you as an authorized representative.
We treat everyone equally, whether you use the services of a representative or not. If you choose to hire a representative, your request will not be given special attention nor can you expect faster processing or a more favourable outcome.
Frequently asked questions
Read the frequently asked questions about the service declaration.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: