List of Regulations
Regulations are the rules used to carry out the intent of statutes (Acts) enacted by the Parliament of Canada. They are instruments of legislative power and have the force of law.
Regulations contain more specific guidelines than Acts. These can include definitions, licensing requirements, performance specifications, exemptions, forms and other details. Most of the Acts administered by Citizenship and Immigration Canada have their own accompanying Regulations.
Access to the full text of federal Acts and Regulations is provided by the Department of Justice Canada, which is responsible for maintaining the Consolidated Statutes of Canada. Please read the Important note from the Department of Justice Canada.
Regulations made under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Citizenship Act
- Adjudication Division Rules (SOR/93-47)
- Citizenship Regulations (SOR/93-246)
- Convention Refugee Determination Division Rules [Repealed] (SOR/93-45)
- Federal Courts Immigration and Refugee Protection Rules (SOR/93-22)
- Foreign Ownership of Land Regulations (SOR/79-416)
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (SOR/2002-227)
- Immigration Appeal Division Rules (SOR/2002-230)
- Immigration Division Rules (SOR/2002-229)
- Oath or Solemn Affirmation of Office Rules (Immigration and Refugee Board) (SOR/2012-255)
- Oath or Solemn Affirmation of Office Rules (Immigration and Refugee Board) [Repealed] (SOR/2002-231)
- Order Designating the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration as the Minister responsible for the administration of that Act (SI/2001-120)
- Order Setting Out the Respective Responsibilities of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration and the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Under the Act (SI/2005-120)
- Protection of Passenger Information Regulations (SOR/2005-346)
- Refugee Appeal Division Rules (SOR/2012-257)
- Refugee Protection Division Rules (SOR/2012-256)
- Refugee Protection Division Rules [Repealed] (SOR/2002-228)
- Regulations Designating a Body for the Purposes of Paragraph 91(2)(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (SOR/2011-142)
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit the Canada Gazette and Consulting with Canadians websites.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: