Designated language-testing organizations
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Canadian experience class, federal skilled workers class, federal skilled trades class, provincial nominee class, caring for children class and caring for people with high medical needs class
English language-testing organizations
The following organizations administer the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP):
- Paragon Testing Enterprises Inc.
- University of British Columbia
Note: The CELPIP has 2 tests: CELPIP-General (CELPIP-G) and CELPIP-General – Listening and Speaking (CELPIP-G LS).
- The CELPIP-G test is accepted by IRCC for immigration and citizenship purposes.
- The CELPIP-G LS test is accepted by IRCC for citizenship purposes only.
The following organizations administer the International English Language Testing System (IELTS):
- Cambridge Assessment English
- International Development Program (IDP) Australia
- British Council
French language-testing organizations
The Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry administers the Test d’évaluation de français pour le Canada (TEF Canada).
The Centre international d’études pédagogiques administers the Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: