Program delivery update – September 12, 2014
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Updates to citizenship ceremony general information and citizenship ceremony delegation information
- Citizenship ceremony closure and reception - Added a time limit to the citizenship judge or presiding official’s closing remarks and a note about the importance of standing for the playing of the national anthem.
- Working with the Canadian Armed Forces members and veterans - CIC officials must now advise the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) contact when a CAF member is speaking at a citizenship ceremony with Federal Cabinet Minister or Dignitary (Governor General, Lieutenant Governor General) presence.
- Presentation of certificates at citizenship ceremonies - Updated the definition of a “mega” ceremony to be 300 to 400 citizenship candidates.
- Gifts and promotional products during citizenship ceremonies - Updated list of products that are presented to new citizens at a citizenship ceremony.
- Delegated authorities related to citizenship ceremonies - Various editing improvements to the lists of individuals who are delegated to preside at citizenship ceremonies and added contact information for urgent delegation requests.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: