Program delivery update – February 5, 2016
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Update to the citizenship instructions regarding references to applicants who are deaf and the authority for automatic waivers
Terminology has been revised to remove all references to the word “mute” and replace them primarily with “individuals who are deaf”. In addition, the page Ministerial discretion to waive some of the requirements on compassionate grounds now includes the authority for citizenship officers to automatically waive language and knowledge requirements for applicants 55 years of age or older who filed their applications before June 11, 2015. Various editorial corrections were also made.
- Ministerial discretion to waive some of the requirements for a grant of citizenship on compassionate grounds
- Language and knowledge hearings for adults
- Conducting interviews and hearings with minors – Applications received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney on or after June 11, 2015
- Citizenship knowledge testing
- Attribution de la citoyenneté : Adultes (French version only)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: