Program delivery update – March 17, 2016
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Update to the instructions related to Labour Market Impact Assessment-exempt work permit renewals and extensions for certain Quebec Selection Certificate holders currently in Quebec
The instructions on Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)-exempt work permit renewals and extensions for certain Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) holders currently in Quebec have been updated.
The following changes have been made:
- The Current process and Additional conditions for CSQ holders in Quebec sections were combined into one section titled General considerations.
- Under General considerations, a clarification was made to indicate that persons holding valid CSQs do not need a statement from Quebec that confirms the nominated individual is urgently required by the province-based employer.
- The Operational instructions section was updated to include the exact codes that must be indicated in section 9 of the valid CSQ when it is submitted with the work permit application. Also, a new code, “I6 Travailleurs Art.40”, was added.
- A new section, Employer compliance fee, was added.
- The LMIA exemption code has been changed from C10 to A75.
For further information, please contact OMC-GOC-Immigration@cic.gc.ca.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: