Program delivery update – September 9, 2016
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Update to the automatic partner notification policy for HIV-positive applicants
The policy and processes for automatic notification for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-positive applicants have been updated. The changes involve eliminating the requirement for family class sponsors to respond in writing to either continue or withdraw their sponsorship after being informed that the applicant is HIV positive. As any sponsor can withdraw their sponsorship at any time in the process, there is no need to prompt the sponsor to explicitly consider this option in the case of an HIV-positive applicant.
- Procedure for HIV-positive cases
- Automatic partner notification policy for human immunodeficiency virus-positive applicants in the family and dependant refugee classes
- Health follow-up handout: HIV infection (for applicant)
- HIV contact information in Canada (for sponsor)
- Partner notification letter
- Acknowledgment of the automatic partner notification policy for HIV-positive applicants in the family and dependant refugee classes
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: