Program delivery update: Biometrics collection and screening (second phase coming into force)
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
December 28, 2018
The biometrics collection and screening program delivery instructions have been updated in 3 sections, in light of the second phase of the biometric expansion requirements coming into force globally, effective December 31, 2018.
- What biometrics are collected and who must provide biometrics
- This section has been updated with the list of countries whose nationals will be required to provide biometrics, as of December 31, 2018.
- Biometrics exemptions
- Additional clarification of exemptions under section 12.8 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, ”impossible” or “not feasible”, has been added.
- Biometrics: Step-by-step collection procedures
- Directions have been provided to officers processing overseas resettlement applicants whose biometrics are not enrolled, due to specific circumstances.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: