Program delivery update: Biometrics collection and screening (second phase coming into force)
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
December 28, 2018
The biometrics collection and screening program delivery instructions have been updated in 3 sections, in light of the second phase of the biometric expansion requirements coming into force globally, effective December 31, 2018.
- What biometrics are collected and who must provide biometrics
- This section has been updated with the list of countries whose nationals will be required to provide biometrics, as of December 31, 2018.
- Biometrics exemptions
- Additional clarification of exemptions under section 12.8 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, ”impossible” or “not feasible”, has been added.
- Biometrics: Step-by-step collection procedures
- Directions have been provided to officers processing overseas resettlement applicants whose biometrics are not enrolled, due to specific circumstances.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: