Program delivery update: Global Skills Strategy work permits
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
July 13, 2018
The following updates have been made to the program delivery instructions (PDIs) on the Global Skills Strategy (GSS):
Short-term (120 day) work permit exemption for researchers
- Under “Renewals”, a clarification has been made that foreign nationals who have already used the 120-day research exemption must wait 12 months before using this short-term work permit exemption again.
Priority processing (14 days) of work permits under the GSS
- Instructions regarding applications submitted before June 12, 2017 have been removed.
A note has been added regarding the requirement to submit documents needed by the applicant’s migration offices abroad.
Applicants can find their migration offices’ specific instructions by
- going to the work permit application landing page
- selecting the country or territory they are applying from
- downloading the country-specific visa office instructions from the list of documents, if there are any
If the applicant does not see any local instructions in the list of documents, then there are no special considerations for their location.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: