Program delivery update: Asylum intake procedures at IRCC offices
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
August 22, 2019
With the coming into force of the Budget Implementation Act 2019 and other legislative and procedural changes over the past few years, the Immigration Program Guidance Branch (IPG) has comprehensively updated the instructions for in-Canada claims for refugee protection.
The instructions have been updated as follows:
- renaming “Scheduling” to “Form completion”
- adding new sections on
- biometrics and information sharing
- adding information regarding claimants who do not appear for their review by the Minister’s delegate
- reducing the information on eligibility, as there are already instructions on grounds for ineligibility
- adding context and explanation to the “Paragraph A101(1)(c.1)” section of In-Canada refugee claims: Grounds for ineligibility
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: