Program delivery update: New temporary resident permit (TRP) for family violence cases

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

July 26, 2019

New instructions are now available for the issuance of a temporary resident permit (TRP) for out-of-status foreign nationals experiencing family violence. As of July 26, 2019, officers may issue an initial, fee-exempt TRP and open work permit, per the corresponding Ministerial Instructions (MI) and public policy. This measure also extends access to the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) where warranted.

The new instructions include guidelines on

New instructions

Updated instructions

Page details

Date modified: