Program delivery update: Canadian Refugee Protection Portal
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
January 25, 2022
On October 6, 2021, IRCC launched the Canadian Refugee Protection Portal (CRPP). Effective immediately, persons in Canada who wish to make a refugee claim, or their legal representative who is making a claim on their behalf, will initiate the claim by creating an online account, completing a questionnaire and submitting supporting documents (including the Basis of Claim Form) using the portal. In accordance with the Treasury Board’s Standard on Web Accessibility, IRCC is maintaining an alternative process for those who require accommodation on disability or other grounds. Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Claims received in person before March 17, 2020, by email, or through Canada Post’s Connect are to be processed as per the procedures in place at the time of submission. These claimants are not to resubmit their claim via the CRPP.
Updates have been made to account for the introduction and use of the CRPP, along with some general updates and improvements.
- In-Canada claims for refugee protection: Intake
- In-Canada claims for refugee protection
- In-Canada refugee claims: Admissibility
- Intake of claims for refugee protection at ports of entry
- Procedures at inland offices regarding in-Canada claims for refugee protection
- Processing in-Canada claims for refugee protection: Post-interview processing and final decision
- Processing in-Canada claims for refugee protection: Withdrawals and suspensions
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: