Program delivery update: Temporary resident permit (TRP) for victims of family violence

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

April 8, 2021

Updated instructions are now available for Temporary Resident Permits (TRPs) for victims of family violence.

To help ensure the timely identification and processing of these urgent cases, applicants or their representatives are now asked to mail their family violence TRP application to the closest local IRCC office, rather than to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton.

Additional updates include:

Updated instructions

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: