Program delivery update: Overseas processing
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
October 7, 2022
Chapter 1 of the Overseas Processing Manual (OP 1) has been updated and converted to instructions. The new instructions provide guidance on processing overseas applications for permanent residence in Canada.
These instructions will replace OP 1.
- Application submissions
- Applications from diplomatic, consular and official personnel
- Extending the validity of visas
- Responding to requests for information under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act
- Response to inquiries (migration offices): Clients and representatives
- Document retention/digitization and disposition
- Reconsideration after refusal
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: