Program delivery update: Temporary Foreign Worker Program
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
January 9, 2023
The instructions for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program have been restructured for easier reference. The overview page provides more information on Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), and the linkages between that department, the Canada Border Services Agency and IRCC.
The Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) Review page instructs officers on how to review the LMIA sections. The regulated or certified occupations page instructs officers on how to assess if an occupation is regulated and what steps to take. The instructions on LMIA suspensions and their effect on work permits was split into its own page. A new page on ESDC’s refusal to process procedures has been added.
Two pages were deleted as the information was duplicated in other instructions.
- Revocation or suspension of an LMIA and effect on work permit – Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Regulated or certified occupations – Processing of work permit applications
- Refusal to process or suspension of the processing of an LMIA application
- Labour Market Impact Assessments – Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Labour Market Impact Assessment Review – Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Limited Validity Period for Labour Market Impact Assessments
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Hiring foreign workers in occupations that require lower levels of formal training
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: