Application for Refugee Sponsorship: Joint Assistance Sponsorship
This application includes the following items:
- Document Checklist — Joint Assistance Sponsorship [IMM 5495] (PDF, 98.22KB) September 2004
- Request for a Joint Assistance Sponsorship Refugee Profile [IMM 5504] (PDF, 604.41KB) September 2015
- Undertaking/Application for a Joint Assistance Sponsorship [IMM 1324] (PDF, 681.9KB) October 2013
- Sponsor Assessment [IMM 5492] (PDF, 663.73KB) May 2015
- Settlement Plan — Joint Assistance Sponsorship [IMM 5494] (PDF, 650.8KB) September 2015
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31KB) September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5493]
This application is for Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAH) and their Constituent Groups who wish to sponsor a refugee(s) under the Joint Assistance Sponsorship (JAS) Program.
JAS refers to a joint undertaking by the sponsoring group and Citizenship and Immigration Canada to sponsor a refugee(s) requiring special assistance and whose admissibility depends upon the additional support of a sponsor.
Refugees sponsored under the JAS program are identified as having special needs that will likely result in a longer or more difficult period of integration.
These special needs include:
- a large number of family members;
- trauma resulting from violence or torture;
- medical disabilities; and
- the effects of systemic discrimination.
Note: Sponsors living in the province of Quebec should contact the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion.
- Read your instruction guide and download your application forms.
- Complete, sign and date your application forms.
- Mail your completed application to the Resettlement Operations Centre in Ottawa (ROC-O).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: