Police certificates

You need to give your biometrics

In most cases, you now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) after you apply.

Find out who needs to give biometrics.

In most cases, when you apply to become a permanent resident of Canada, you need to get a police certificate.

We may also ask you for one if you are coming to Canada as a:

  • caregiver
  • tourist
  • student
  • temporary worker

We use police certificates to find out if you have a criminal record. They help us make sure you’re not a security risk.

More about police certificates

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: