How to get a police certificate - Antigua and Barbuda

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Police certificate

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.

How to apply

If you live in Antigua and Barbuda

You should present:

  • your valid passport
  • applicable fees

If you live outside Antigua and Barbuda

You should provide:

  • a copy of your birth certificate
  • a list of places and dates of residence in Antigua and Barbuda
  • two passport-type photographs
  • a full set of fingerprints taken by a recognized police authority

Contact information

Requests should be addressed to:

The Commissioner of Police
Police Headquarters
American Road
St. Johns, Antigua

Telephone: 268-462-0125 (local calls)
Telephone: 268-462-2095 (overseas calls)


Page details

Date modified: