How to get a police certificate – Cameroon

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.


Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

How and where do I obtain one?

If you live in Cameroon
You must obtain an excerpt or Bulletin No 3 of the criminal record from the trial court in your country of birth.

You must file an application with the trial court in your country of birth and pay the required fees. Applications can usually be processed in one day.
You must submit the following:

  • a duly completed form
  • a national identity card
  • an original birth certificate
  • applicable fees

If you live outside Cameroon
An excerpt or Bulletin No 3 of the criminal record can only be requested from within Cameroon. The Cameroonian embassies cannot issue this document or help you obtain one.

If you are a Cameroonian living abroad and want a Bulletin No 3, you must send your original birth certificate to someone living in Cameroon, who can then apply on your behalf.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: