How to get a police certificate – Chile

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Names of the documents you need

  • Certificado Antecedentes Fines Especiales (for criminal convictions)
  • Hoja de Vida del Conductor (for driving convictions related to driving)

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for

  • permanent residence
  • citizenship
  • some temporary residence programs

Check your application package or instructions for details.

How to apply

If you live in Chile

You can apply

If you live in Chile and can’t apply on your own, you may provide notarized authorization for someone else to apply for you.

If you live outside Chile

You can apply

You’ll need to request

  • a Certificado de Antecedentes para Fines Especiales and
  • an original Hoja de vida del Conductor

Information you need

  • Rol Único Tributario ([RUT] taxation unique contributor roll identification number)
  • Rol Único Nacional ([RUN] National Identification Number)

Page details

Date modified: