How to get a police certificate – Estonia

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need


Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada and for some temporary residence programs (please see the Document Checklist and/or visa office requirements for details).

How to apply

If you live in Estonia

You can send all required documents by e-mail or by regular mail to the Criminal Record Registry (see Contact Information for complete address).

If you live outside of Estonia

You’ll need to apply in person at any service point of the Estonian Citizenship and Migration Bureau. You may need to provide additional documents. Contacts can be found on the Politsei-ja Piirivalveamet website.

Contact Information

Criminal Record Registry
Police and Border Guard Board (Politsei –ja Piirivalveamet)
Pärnu mnt 139
15060 tallinn

Telephone: +372 612 3000
Website: Police and Border Guard Board

Page details

Date modified: