How to get a police certificate - Greece

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Criminal Record for general use

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.

How to apply

If you live in Greece:

You (or a representative designated to act on your behalf) should apply either:

  • online at the National Criminal Records Portal or ermis
  • in person at the Office of the Public Prosecutor of the Court of First Instance in the area where you live or where you were born
  • at the local KEP (Citizens’ Service Centers)

If you live outside of Greece:

You must go to the nearest Greek embassy or consulate. It is at the discretion of the Consul to accept or refuse your application. In the event the request is not accepted, you should designate a representative in Greece in order to act on your behalf. 

Special considerations

Applicable fees: criminal records in Greece are provided free of charge. It is not known if there are consular fees for the applications that are accepted by the Greek consulates abroad.

Contact information

Ministry of Justice (PDF, 2.15 MB)
Division of Criminal Records
Mesogion 96
11527 Athens

Page details

Date modified: