How to get a police certificate - Grenada

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Police Certificate

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.

How to apply

If you live in Grenada

You should apply in person with two passport-size photographs.

If you live outside Grenada

You should apply in person, by mail or someone may apply for you to the Commissioner of Police (see Contact Information).

You must provide:

  • two passport-size photographs
  • a full set of fingerprints taken by a recognized police authority
  • details of periods of residency and previous addresses
  • a stamped, addressed envelope for the police certificate to be mailed to you

Contact information

Request must be made to:

Criminal Records Office
Police Headquarters
St. Georges, Grenada
Telephone: 473-440-2823

Page details

Date modified: