How to get a police certificate – Hungary
If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.
Name of the document you need
Official Certificate of Good Conduct (Hatósági erkölcsi bizonyítvány)
Police certificate and IRCC requirements
You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.
You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.
How to apply
If you live in Hungary:
There are three ways you can apply:
- You can apply in person directly at the Customer Service Centre of the Criminal Records Authority at:
Közigazgatási és Elektronikus Közszolgáltatások Központi Hivatala, KEKKH
Ügyfélszolgálat, 1133 Budapest, Visegrádi utca 110-112
- You can apply by mail by sending your application form and payment to the Central Office for Administrative and Electronic Public Services at:
Közigazgatási és Elektronikus Közszolgáltatások Központi Hivatala
1475 Budapest, Pf. 172.
- You can apply online if you are already registered with the Customer Service Centre and possess a recognized electronic signature (tanúsított elektronikus aláírás) by applying through the website of the Central Office for Administrative and Electronic Public Services.
If you live outside of Hungary:
You can apply at your nearest Hungarian embassy or consulate
- The application form to request a certificate is available at all post offices. If you are sending by mail, you must include a postal order with your application.
- Applications must be made by the person requesting the service. Representatives are currently not authorized.
- You must select the following searches when completing the application form:
- Under section III, select “No” (Nem)
- Under section V, check all of the following boxes:
- “B” (büntetlen előéletű - no criminal record)
- “C” (nem áll közügyektől eltiltás hatálya alatt - no legal injunction in force against the applicant barring from participating in public affairs)
- “D” (nem áll foglalkozástól eltiltás hatálya alatt - no legal injunction in force against the applicant barring from accepting any professional occupation)
- You must have your certificate translated into English or French.
For more information on fees, processing times and on how to apply online, please consult the website of the Central Office for Administrative and Electronic Public Services.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: