How to get a police certificate – Malaysia

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Certificate of Good Conduct

Police Certificates and IRCC Requirements

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for the Certificate of Good Conduct.

How to apply

If you live in Malaysia

You must complete an application form on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website and send it to the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia (See contact information for complete address).

If you live outside of Malaysia

You should apply at your nearest Malaysian Embassy or Consulate.

Special considerations

If you have not lived in Malaysia for 1 year or more, you are not required to provide a Malaysian police certificate.

If you are asked for a police certificate from Malaysia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Malaysia because certificates are only available to people who have lived in Malaysia for 1 year or more.”

Contact information

For up to date information on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, visit the Directory of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia
Wisma Putra Complex
No. 1, Jalan Wisma Putra
Precinct 2, 
Federal Government Administrative Centre
62602 Putrajaya

Telephone : 603-8000 8000
Fax : 603-8889 1717/2816
Email :

Page details

Date modified: