How to get a police certificate - Nepal

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests
Applicants should contact the local police station or the Police Headquarters at Naxal, Kathmandu, in person or apply in writing to:

Verification Section, Crime Investigation Department
Police Headquarters
Post Box No. 407, Kathmandu

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the Nepalese embassy or consulate or write directly to Police Headquarters, Kathmandu.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: