How to get a police certificate – Nigeria
Name of the document you need
Police Character Certificate
Police certificate and IRCC requirements
You must provide a police character certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.
You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.
How to apply
There are 2 ways that you can apply:
- You can apply in person to the Central Criminal Registry.
You must bring
- your valid passport
- 2 passport-size photographs
- the applicable fees
- You can apply by mail to the commissioner of police.
You must send
- a prepaid return courier envelope
- a copy of your passport photo page
- a set of fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized police authority or the Nigerian embassy or consulate
- an international money order payable to the Nigerian Police Force, C.I.D. (Criminal Investigation Department)
Note: Police certificates can be certified at your nearest Nigerian embassy or consulate for a fee.
Central Criminal Registry, Force C.I.D. Annex
Alagbon Close Ikoyi
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: