How to get a police certificate – Nigeria
If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.
Name of the document you need
Police Character Certificate
Police certificate and IRCC requirements
You must provide a police character certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.
You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.
How to apply
There are 2 ways that you can apply:
- You can apply in person to the Central Criminal Registry.
You must bring
- your valid passport
- 2 passport-size photographs
- the applicable fees
- You can apply by mail to the commissioner of police.
You must send
- a prepaid return courier envelope
- a copy of your passport photo page
- a set of fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized police authority or the Nigerian embassy or consulate
- an international money order payable to the Nigerian Police Force, C.I.D. (Criminal Investigation Department)
Note: Police certificates can be certified at your nearest Nigerian embassy or consulate for a fee.
Central Criminal Registry, Force C.I.D. Annex
Alagbon Close Ikoyi
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: