How to get a police certificate - St. Kitts and Nevis

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. The Police Commissioner will send your police certificate directly to the Canadian visa office, in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad ,after you have submitted a written request.

How and where do I obtain one?

If you live in St. Kitts and Nevis
You should apply in person with:

  • valid photo identification
  • any change-of-name documents
  • addresses in St. Kitts and Nevis
  • applicable fees


Criminal Records Office
Police Headquarters
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Telephone: 869-465-2641

If you live outside St. Kitts and Nevis
You may apply in person, by mail or someone can apply for you. You should apply at the above address, with:

  • any change-of-name documents
  • previous addresses in St. Kitts and Nevis
  • a set of fingerprints taken by a recognized police authority
  • a certified photograph
  • applicable fees
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: