How to get a police certificate - Suriname

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

How and where do I obtain one?

If you live in Suriname
You may obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct (Bewijs van Goedgedrag) at the local district commissioner’s office.
You must provide:

  • two passport-size photographs
  • a certificate of the Registrar’s Office (Burgerlikje Stand)
  • the applicable fees

Police certificates are also available from the police headquarters in Paramaribo.

Telephone: 597-473-111 or 597-474-342

If you live outside Suriname
You may apply at a Surinamese embassy or consulate.

Page details

Date modified: