How to get a police certificate – Sweden

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need

Police Record Extracts

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit.

How to apply

Private individuals have the right to personally request an extract pertaining to themselves. Power of attorney for another person does not apply.

Processing time is normally around 2 weeks. It may take longer if there are many requests for excerpts and if the form is incomplete or not clearly filled out.

Contact information

981 81 Kiruna

Telephone: 46 (0) 10 - 56 33501
Fax: 46 (0) 10 - 56 35334

If you have any questions relating to excerpts for foreign purposes:
Telephone: +46 (0)10 - 56 33 501, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fax: +46 (0)10 - 56 35 334

E-mail (only for submission of forms):

E-mail (for answers to questions):

Page details

Date modified: