How to get a police certificate - Syria

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

You do not have to provide a police certificate from Syria unless we ask for one.

Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application for permanent residence? If we ask for one.

If you have been asked to provide a police certificate for this country, follow the instructions below.

How and where do I get one?

If you live in Syria

If you are a Syrian resident, you should present your identification card or resident permit and pay the applicable fees (55 Syrian pounds) to the Ministry of the Interior, Interior Services Forces, Directorate of Criminal Security Department, Criminal Records Branch, Judicial Records Division.

If you are a non-Syrian resident, you should apply with proof of civil status to the Minister of Interior, Internal Security Forces, Criminal Security Administration. You must apply in the Syrian city in which you permanently reside.

If you live outside Syria

You may apply through Syrian embassies abroad.

Note that the fees are subject to change.

Page details

Date modified: