How to get a police certificate - Timor Leste (Timor oriental)

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?


How and where do I obtain one?

Relevant document: ‘Certificado De Registo Criminal’ (Criminal Registry Certificate)

Applicants should apply to the Office of Civil Registrations
Direcção Nacional dos Registos e do Notariado Registo Criminal (Criminal Registry)
Ministerio da Justiça (Ministry of Justice)
Dili, East Timor

Provide one passport size photo; ‘Declaro do Domicilio’ signed by Chief of Village or Sub District Administrator; Passport and National Timor Leste ID card (for citizens), and a letter from employer/mission.

Note: Applicants must apply in person or provide a proxy, ‘procuração’, for a third party to attend in person on the applicant's behalf.

Page details

Date modified: