How to get a police certificate - Trinidad and Tobago

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

How and where do I obtain one?

If you live in Trinidad and Tobago
You should apply in person with valid photo identification at:

Police Administration Building
Edward and Sackville Streets
Telephone: 868-627-4140

If you live outside Trinidad and Tobago
You should complete an application form and provide:

  • a set of fingerprints taken by a recognized police authority
  • a Trinidad and Tobago identification card or passport
  • the applicable fees

Applications are available from the Trinidad and Tobago embassies or consulates and can be downloaded from Trinidad and Tobago's ttconnect website (available in English only).

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: