How to get a police certificate – Uzbekistan

If you need to give your fingerprints for a police certificate, this isn’t the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.

Name of the document you need


Applying for permanent residence

You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

How to apply

If you live in Uzbekistan:

You should apply online at (available in Russian and Uzbek) or in person at a local service centre. When the certificate is ready, you should collect it in person at one of the service centres. You may also give a representative power of attorney to collect it on your behalf.

If you live outside of Uzbekistan:

You can apply at the Consular Section of your nearest Embassy of Uzbekistan.

Special considerations

The police certificate must indicate all names you have used while in Uzbekistan.

The Embassy accepts only original police certificates. Print-outs of online search results and electronic certificates are not acceptable.

Contact information

Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan (available in Russian only)

Ministry of Internal Affairs (available in Uzbek, Russian and English)
1 Radzhabi Street
Tashkent 700029

Page details

Date modified: